it's okay and looking forward

Reading my classmates' and Dr. Dennen's posts have been great! This week has so many different experiences, perceptions, and thoughts about the same topics. What stood out to me the most was Dr. Dennen's reminder that "it's ok" to feel the way we do about specific social media platforms, discomfort, etc.

I must remind myself that "new social media me" can strictly use all the platforms to complete this course's assignments, keep them to continue growing my online networks and communities, or even improve my writing skills. It's okay to go with whatever adventure you choose or to change the route at a later point. It's okay to keep a professional identity on social media or share bits and pieces of your personal life. What's important is to keep an open mind and be a lifelong learner. As someone that prefers F2F learning environments, I appreciate the opportunity to learn and engage with new topics online. I look forward to all the learning that will come my way!


Comments

  1. Yes, it's perfectly fine!

    There was a time when I was afraid to post things online because of their digital footprints. But then my job compelled me to do it, and I started to like writing digitally a lot. Writing helps me realize that I'm not lonely and that I get to connect with so many wonderful people (including these classmates). As long as you find the right community where you feel safe, writing is a fantastic way to capture and structure your thoughts! I hope that this will be a good start for all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the lurker life

staying connected, countries apart

reddit - finding comfort and resources in an online community