using social media tagging & hashtags for fashion & online shopping

I was never a big fan of shopping for clothes online. I always found comfort in trying clothes at an actual store. However, the pandemic changed how we shopped in person and try on clothes. I recall fitting rooms being closed for a very long time. Furthermore, because of my body shape, clothes seemed more readily available online than in stores. So...I eventually;ly gave in and began shopping for clothes online. BUT there was one issue...the photos included for clothing items weren't enough and I wanted to see them on real people! Thankfully, clothing stores had an Instagram and customers love to tag and/or hashtag photos of themselves wearing the clothes. Eventually, online clothing stores began adding customer's Instagram photos to their websites to see the item on "real people." This feature became super helpful to me as it helps me determine whether to buy an item or not. It isn't the perfect tool but definitely helps save time! 


Related article: Google’s new generative AI lets you preview clothes on different models.


Have you used tagged photos to look up an item before you buy it?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the lurker life

staying connected, countries apart

reddit - finding comfort and resources in an online community