what i have learned

Before this course, I had no idea Web 2.0 existed along with the other versions of it. I only thought of this space as the "interweb." In addition, my experiences with Web 2.0 caused me to formulate certain opinions of the platforms I interacted with. Somehow, the positives were eventually replaced with some negative aspects of Web 2.0. 

My experience in this class has changed my preconceptions of Web 2.0. When the affordances of technology and online communities are considered, learning, networking, and performance can authentically take place using Web 2.0. Many of the tools used in this course had been introduced to me at some point. However, I never learned the "why" for using the specific tool. This hindered me from ever considering these tools for learning purposes...I didn't know how to authentically embed them. This course changes a lot for me. 

To extend my experience with the things I have learned, I plan to stay up-to-date with Web 2.0 technologies and explore them. I appreciated having the opportunity to do so this semester. I would like to find ways to apply these technologies in the workplace. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the lurker life

staying connected, countries apart

reddit - finding comfort and resources in an online community